<VV> Pics of My 63 Spyder Convertible

Lawrence B. Jahn ljahn at hoopeston.k12.il.us
Mon Apr 17 21:22:39 EDT 2006

I purchased this car new on June 11, 1963. I ordered it from Hauss Chevrolet
in East St. Louis, IL. I drove it for 14 years and put on 69,000 miles. I
stored it in a machine shed on my father-in-law's farm for 23 years. I
brought it back to Hoopeston, IL (Home of the Cornjerkers) on Memorial Day
2000. The restoration took 6 years. Larry Claypool did the engine and
assembly. I an a member of Prairie Capital Corvair Association in
Springfield, IL but haven't been very active because of the distance of 140
miles. I am also a member of Corsa-was a member in the 70"s also. The link
to my car is on the PCCA website
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter627/pccapic6.htm#Spyder