<VV> Used wrong size helicoil

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Tue Apr 18 09:42:02 EDT 2006

My thanks to everyone who responded to my question about using the wrong
size Helicoil. Five people recommended using a larger bolt and one
(Smitty) recommended using Loctite to secure a large 3/8 x 16 bolt, then
grind off the end and drill and tap the correct 1/4 x 20 hole.

After sleeping on it, I think using the large bolt is what I'm going to
do.  It may offend my sense of craftsmanship, but it will give the next
owner something to wonder about.

Thanks again,
Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta & Group Red

http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm