<VV> A great day to work on my vairs

James Dallas BEC176 at msn.com
Tue Apr 18 22:44:41 EDT 2006

     First thanks to all on the help with my 2nd gear problem....the yoke was sliding out of the shaft.  Tightened the clamp and she is as good as new.
     I also installed my flaming river steering box in my 64, using the steering shaft out of the 63 parts car.  I pulled the entire column out of the parts car although there was no need.  All that is needed is the shaft and of course an appropriate steering wheel to fit.  Also needed is the spring and spacer.  Everything else is the same.
    Next was an odd problem.  My Rampside has been vapor locking quite a bit.  I figured it was due to the low octane fuel I was using.  Yesterday it was 90 degrees outside and I noticed the thermostat door on the left side was closed tight after a ride down the highway at 70 mph.  So today I pulled the thermostat and stuck it in my wifes oven (she was at work <GGG>).  With the oven set at 400 degrees the thermostat never expanded.  So much for the story that they always fail in the open position.

Jim Dallas
MCCA
GNRT
A Whole Mess O Earlies