<VV> Re: Chromalusion paint

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Apr 19 13:49:49 EDT 2006

At 12:43 hours 04/19/2006, you wrote:
>i agree,it looks cool on the nascar diecast cars that are out but i
>would rather show my car in primer before i painted it with chromalusion

My beef is the cost.    It's horrible.   I've asked the guys at the
wholesalers what the stuff costs over the counter and I was told they
get about 1100 bucks a gallon.   That's not including a clearcoat or
any additives like hardener etc.

I can't afford to paint with that stuff.    I'll stick to lacquer,
thanks.    It's still not too expensive, easy to work with, and if
put on right and clear coated it's quite durable as long as you wash
and wax it on some sort of regular basis.

tony..