<VV> Timing Gear ?

James Davis jld at wk.net
Wed Apr 19 16:14:51 EDT 2006

First realize the Corvair distributor is driven off the
CRANKSHAFT.  Even if you leave the camshaft gear off of the camshaft
the distributor will turn fine and stay in time (although the engine
won run too well ;-)).  The pressure on the distributor shaft is up
so if the thrust washer is really worn it is possible to have a
problem.  I would suspect the distributor got moved some how.
Jim Davis