<VV> AC Charging

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Apr 19 23:28:28 EDT 2006

Smitty says:  Thanks to those who tried to answer my question.  My gauge readings were satisfactory last time I looked at them but when the compressor was going thump thump and the belt was squealing like a pig I didn't take time to look at them.  Yeah I know, you would have.  Anyway I was asking about possible reasons the compressor was stalling and even though I am not a technician I do know that expansion valves don't do it nor would improper oil, in the short time it takes to charge a system.  I did state by the way that I purged and dried the system.  Yes I did use ester oil.
  This sort of reminds me of the first question I posed on VV years ago.  I asked if anyone had any experience with the 260 cam shaft.  The next 4 vvs were full of questions about, did I degree the cam, did I use cam lube, how did I adjust the valves, what lifters was I using, was it indexed properly etc etc.  Read the question stupid.  I am old and ugly and have tough skin and can pull the wheat out of the chaff.  You muddy the water for a newbie and you can confuse the hell out of him not directly answering his questions.
  Pagett's and Frank Duvals comments were on track and appreciated.