<VV> Powder Coating Update

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Thu Apr 20 00:33:29 EDT 2006

Just to follow up on what Bob says....

When you decide to powder coat your engine shrouds, it is best to think of
it a you would a plating process - the final result is only as good as the
base metal.  If you have pits or gouges in the metal, they will show up
after powder coating.  So my advice is to find the best possible shrouds to
begin with, then sand or grind smooth any imperfections before powder
coating.  Remember, you can't use body filler like you can with paint,
although lead filler might work.

Also, while very durable and nearly impervious to gasoline and oils, the
finish car be damaged by scratching, so keep them clean!

Bill Hubbell
(yes, Alice's engine shrouds are powder coated)