<VV> Charging AC

Britt Griffith bdjgriffith at dslextreme.com
Thu Apr 20 01:41:22 EDT 2006

With that little amount of refrigerant charged into the system, I would
think it's a blockage somewhere in the high-side of the system, close to
the compressor. Probably not the dryer, definitely not the TXV.

IF it were mine (and before the EPA cared about such things),  I would
dump the charge and pull another vacuum on it. With the compressor and
engine off, charge a pound of liquid refrigerant into the high side
only. Within a few seconds the low side pressure should smoothly
increase until it equalizes with the high side. If it doesn't,
something's blocked.