<VV> Re: Timing Gear ?

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 20 11:05:00 EDT 2006

Rodney,

A number of people have suggested a distributor problem and I concur. My
suggestion is that maybe the harmonic balance bolt has backed out  and
allowed the brass gear which drives the distributor to back out and jump
a tooth. If this is the case you likely have messed up the brass drive
gear. (BTDT) If the gear needs replacing you will (likely) need to
remove the harmonic balance and rear housing to replace the gear.

Mike Kost