<VV> Brass distributor drive gear

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Thu Apr 20 12:27:04 EDT 2006

But it can move out a bit, and that changes timing A LOT.   As it moves
in and out, it changes the relation to the dist gear in degrees.  I had
this
exact problem on my 64 engine.  Bolt on balancer was not cranked down.   I
could watch the timing flop 30 degrees back and forth with a timing light.
Also was hell on the fuel pump eccentric.

-Geoff Johnson