<VV> Seat Belt Restoration

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Thu Apr 20 15:22:49 EDT 2006

Anil, I had a set of belts done by Ssnake Oyl.  Verrrry expensive.  They did
a great job.  Unfortunately, one of the belt clasps did not stay latched (I
tested it as soon as I got the belts--they are not installed yet.)  I called
them, they sent me a FedEx label and picked up the shipping to return it and
have it fixed.  They also forgot to return my original bolts; one reminder
and those were sent back as well.  So I had a couple glitches but overall I
thought the quality was as advertised.  There were some imperfections in the
chrome on the buckles but they were caused by imperfections in what I sent
them, and they warned me that this would be the case before I signed on the
dotted line.

I am not aware of any similar operation.  I think the high prices are due to
(1) the lack of any other OEM type alternative if you want restored factory
belts, (2) the fact that every one of these is a hand constructed part; and
(3) the liability if one fails in use.

Norm Witte