<VV> Azure Aqua Paint

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Fri Apr 21 11:33:04 EDT 2006

Dave,

The interior color paint code for your car is found on the Fisher Body plate
located on the rear frame rail in the engine compartment.  On a 1963 Body
Plate  you should find a three digit code following the word "TRIM" which
actually represents the interior upholstery color scheme.  1964 and later
cars also had one letter code under the word "PAINT" which represents the
interior paint code.

You didn't tell us which Aqua color you have - medium (918) or dark (919).
Medium Aqua (918, or Azure Aqua) is the same for both years, however, 919 is
Marine Aqua in 1963 and Lagoon Aqua in 1964, and no, they are not just
different names for the same color..

The 1963 and 1964 cars share the same interior color codes.

I do not have the 1963 data here, but I know that in 1964 the interior
colors available for exterior code 918 (Azure Aqua) and 919 (Lagoon Aqua)
were:

500 Series:
Aqua (Interior paint code A; Upholstery color code 720)

700 Series:
Aqua  (Interior paint code A; Upholstery color code 751)

600 and 900 Series (Spyder and Monza):
Aqua (Interior paint code A; Upholstery color code 755)

Also, for the 918 (Azure Aqua) 600/900 cars only:
Black (Interior paint code E; Upholstery color code 712)

As for the formulation of the interior color code A (Aqua), although it
appears to be the same as the exterior color, Azure Aqua, it is not.  Also,
the interior dash and steering wheel hub are a darker color than the rest of
the interior.  I have compiled all the information I have about interior
colors for 1964 cars in a chart which I will be publishing in the
upcoming edition of the Stock Corvair Group Newsletter, after which time I
shall make it available to CORSA for the Communiqué.

Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group