<VV> Finding reverse - not

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Sat Apr 22 21:45:37 EDT 2006

Or rather,  not finding reverse.   Searched the Archives (both versions),
and corvair center but am still puzzled.

background.... doing an engine swap -- using same tranny, diff.  reverse
worked AOK "when parked"  GG  <last october>.   thought I had reverse last
night <no clutch,  it was not adjusted correctly>.   but could have been
dreaming.    done mostly electrical work besides engine switch  <old engine
is just fine,  new engine has more vroom,  auto-x. time trial car>

Today,  have clutch adjusted,  1-4 ok.   unable to come close to reverse.
<want a reverse lock out option,  but just as an option,  reverse is still
nice to have when needed like backing off the trailer>

Archives -- biggest suspect is the pin .  not the tightest linkage,  but
little has changed since fall.  Reverse wasn't hard to find then.
Impossible tonight.   did I over adjust something?  underadjust?   options?

thanks
tim mahler
<the #3 goodwrench car>
and 62, 68 Fitch Sprints