<VV> Grey distributer cap

sethracer at aol.com sethracer at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 23:55:32 EDT 2006

Well Padgett, Probably my wires so I will answer (a bit late, I'm at a Corvair event in Atascadero right now) Some of the newer caps are taller than the stocker. Combined with the slightly thicker boot on my wires, you can capture a bit of air inside when you slide them down. In the past, I have only seen this on Coil boots, which are much larger. I think Chuck mentioned it, you might have to "burp" them to get the air out. A non-pointed item can be slid down the edge between the wire and the boot. A flat nose paper clip will be fine. On the coil I have heard a little "pffft" as the pressured air escapes. Also something to check, the receptacle in the cap should have a slight ring a ways down in. The terminals I use can be spread a little with a screwdriver so the little tips stick out a bit more. (Use restraint!) They should positively snap into that depression in the cap.
 - Seth