<VV> Corsa Cove Color Code

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sun Apr 23 03:14:44 EDT 2006

At 06:08 hours 04/21/2006, Frank DuVal wrote:
>Whoa:
>
>How about the data plates that say "finished with R-M Magic Mirror
>Acrylic Lacquer"?
>
>I need to check my "stock" to get the exact wording.
>
>Frank DuVal
>
>James Davis wrote:
>
>>Try 4023 -L   It is DuPont # for sateen silver and is a close match
>>for argent silver.  After all ,all Corvairs were originally painted
>>with DuPont paint as in the 1960's DuPont owned 23% of the
>>outstanding shares of GM common stock.  DuPont list all the
>>interior and exterior colors for all cars from 1923 on with chips
>>on their site.
>>Jim Davis

I wondered about this... it's my understanding that Rinshed Mason
indeed supplied much of the lacquer that GM was spraying on Corvairs
throughout the run, at least at Willow Run.

I've dug around a bit to find out just what was put on cars through
the '60s, '70s, and '80s, all makes and models etc but haven't had
much luck in finding out anything concrete.   However, I am pretty
sure that Rinshed Mason lacquer went on a LOT of GM cars in the '60s
and later.

tony..