<VV> RE: 1st injury....not :-(

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 23 20:25:01 EDT 2006

This is for everybody but especially those who only get to work on their
cars a few months of the year and maybe get out of the safety habit.

Sorry, but I beat you to the first seasonal injury :-). I did a gainer off
a 10' ladder onto my concrete patio Saturday while attempting to trim a
large limb that had grown over my roof. An 8' long power trimmer that got
caught in the limb when it fell was a bit too much to handle while on the
ladder, and it pulled me over before I could let go. I suspect that a
halfway successful effort to grab a gutter on the way down to break my fall
saved me, if a broken heel (split cleanly in half) and ankle can be
considered "saved". Please give me a little more advance notice for any
carb orders for a while (I have to see an ortho guy Monday for a prognosis).

The Carbmeister