<VV> VA Vair Fair This Weekend!!

wblanning at adelphia.net wblanning at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 25 10:26:35 EDT 2006

REMINDER: The Virginia Vair Fair is this coming weekend, April 28 - 30!  It looks like the weather is going to be fine.  The forecast for this area is for highs in the mid-60's, with rain holding off until after the Vair Fair is over.

EVENT & ACTIVITIES

· Friday evening hot dog & hamburger picnic - 6 pm
· Rally through the Virginia countryside – Saturday 9 - 11 am
- Corvair carburetor tech session - Saturday 1 - 2 pm
· Corvair games – Saturday 2 - 4 pm
· Indoor & outdoor Corvair parts vendors – all weekend
· Saturday evening buffet banquet - 6 pm
· Valve Cover Races – after the banquet
· People’s Choice Concours on the lawn – Sunday morning 9 am - 11 am

NOTE: We have moved the People's Choice Concours earlier by 1 hour to allow people to get on the road sooner.

The buffet menu includes salad, baked Virginia ham, chicken breasts, string beans, mashed potatoes with gravy, rolls, ice tea, coffee, soft drinks, and apple and cherry cobbler.

All Vair Fair events, activities, registration and the hospitality room will be
based at the Hopewell Moose Family Center, 4701 Western St (listed as 4701 Old
Woodlawn St in Mapquest), Hopewell, VA (See directions below).

The Moose Center has plenty of RV & trailer parking, a children’s playground and
a large pavilion for outdoor socializing.  The Friday evening picnic will be held in the pavilion.  A large indoor vendors room is available to include tables.  See pictures of the facility and motel at

www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter232/show.

The host motel is the Quality Inn on Rt 36 at I-295 Exit 9B, 804/458-1500.  The room block cutoff date is over, so you'll need to use AAA or AARP to get best room rate.  Other motels in the area in order of closest distance include:

Hampton Inn: 804-452-1000 or 1-800-HAMPTON
Comfort Inn: 804-452-0022
EconoLodge: 804-541-4849 or 1-800-55 ECONO
Fairfield Inn: 804-4582600 or 1-800-228-2800

Yes, as with everywhere else, gas is high here too.  Regular is around $3 and high test about $3.15.  Better deals can be found on gas a little further off the interstate.

Directions to the Virginia Vair Fair:

>From I-295
1. Take Hopewell Exit 9B, Rt 36 West.
2. At first traffic light turn right on Cousins Ave.
3. Follow Cousins Avenue two blocks to Western Street
4. Turn right on Western Street and immediately look for the Moose Family Center
immediately on right.

>From I-95
1. Take Temple Avenue Exit 54 (About 1 mile north of I-95/I-85 intersection)
2. Turn right at the traffic light at the end of exit ramp onto Temple Ave east.
3. Travel about 4 miles to Rt 36.  This will be the 6th traffic light.
4. Turn left on Rt 36 east.
5. Travel about ½ mile on Rt 36 and turn left at 3rd traffic light onto Cousins
Ave.
6. Follow Cousins Avenue two blocks to Western Street
7. Turn right on Western Street and immediately look for the Moose Family Center
immediately on right.