<VV> new pulloffs - no pinging

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Apr 25 21:40:46 EDT 2006

So I replaced my old, all plastic choke pulloffs with new metal/plastic ones this weekend and took the car for a nice drive today and the car no longer pings.  It used to ping just a bit on hard acceleration, especially right after a shift.  Now, nuthin.  Would bad (the old ones weren't that bad - they would pull in when I sucked on the tube end) pulloffs really affect ping like that?  Whatever, I'll take the no pinging.  I may even try to run 89 instead of 91 octane (to save some dough).  It's a '65 110 4 spd by the way.

mike