<VV> Broken bolt in crank...

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Apr 25 22:29:02 EDT 2006

Where did you find the tap. I couldn't find one so I ordered one from
the batch Ken Hand had made recently?

I would use vise grips on the exposed end, but get the bellhousing out
of the way first.  My usual try would be to weld a nut on the exposed
bolt, but the crank is still installed in the rear main seal.

Another method is to drill with left hand bits, starting small and
working up. These can be found in machine shop supply houses or Snap-On
dealers.

If you tap just one hole larger the balance will be off. How much I
don't know, but it may be noticeable!

Frank DuVal