<VV> RE: no more ping

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Wed Apr 26 09:53:21 EDT 2006

<snip>
-----Original So I replaced my old, all plastic choke pulloffs with new
metal/plastic ones
this weekend and took the car for a nice drive today and the car no longer
pings.  It used to ping just a bit on hard acceleration, especially right
after a shift.  Now, nuthin.  Would bad (the old ones weren't that bad -
they would pull in when I sucked on the tube end) pulloffs really affect
ping like that?  Whatever, I'll take the no pinging.  I may even try to run
89 instead of 91 octane (to save some dough).  It's a '65 110 4 spd by the
way.

I'm not too sure the pull offs would have any effect on pinging if they
weren't leaking. I've been using dirty 87 octane in my 95 hp PG sedan with
no
hint of pinging. On the other hand, I wouldn't even think of running
anything
but 91 in the 140.

Ned

--

Come on now...WHAT else did you do??
<snip>

Maybe in the process of replacing the pulloffs a minor vacuum leak was fixed
so the mixture is better, not going lean now?