<VV> PG Shifting

Bill Kronen billpat at telusplanet.net
Wed Apr 26 15:37:56 EDT 2006

With all the recent conversation regarding PG's, I've got a question.
My '66 Canadian Coupe has a 140 engine with all 4 carbs operative.  The
PG was a change at sometime in its past from a 4 speed and the engine
may not be original.   Shifting occurs at 10-15 mph, which seems low to
me.  Is it and if so, can that be changed?  It works fine and there is
quite a boost when the secondaries come on line after flooring the
accelerator above 60 mph.  Almost feels like an afterburner kicking in.
Neat!  Any help/info appreciated.
Bill Kronen