<VV>Economy in 1959 NO CORVAIR

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Wed Apr 26 21:30:28 EDT 2006

Dad (& VV) -

You should be psyched to see the big wave of GM (some co-developed
with Ford) 6-speed slushboxes headed your way soon. Sadly, I don't
think there are any announced plans for a dual-clutch robotized
standard transmission -- the *real* way to do an automagic for
performance oriented folks.

http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/adv_tech/100_news/hybrid_092004.html
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/08/25/141299.html
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3165/is_3_39/ai_99101951

Pretty shifty, but I'm not secure enough to let something do my
shifting for me. Continue making mine a manual....

Jim