<VV> Turbo carb issues

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Thu Apr 27 08:44:49 EDT 2006

I have been having trouble getting my rebuilt carb and turbo up and running
on my '65 vert.  Here are the symptoms.  First, I hear a high-pitched
whistle/squeal.  Second, if I run it a bit and shut it down, I have gas
leaking from the throat of the carb where it connects to the air cleaner.  I
double checked the bolts at the turbo inlet pipe, and that is tight.  Pipes
and packings are all new, as is the turbo base gasket.  I do not have a fuel
leak at the carb inlet.  The rubber vacuum lines to the air cleaner for the
PVC and the choke heater are new and connected.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Norm Witte

www.wittelaw.com/personal