<VV> Spot Welds

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Apr 28 12:53:25 EDT 2006

I don't know if there were fewer spot welds intended in lates versus
earlies, but I do know that in the '65 coupe I'm restoring, there are a
whole lot of welds done incorrectly or not at all.  Some of them miss
the tab that was supposed to be welded entirely, some lack any weld at
all, and in some the two pieces to be welded were not in contact when
the weld was made.  The car was built in 02/95, so it's not early
production.  The upside is that it's really easy to take pieces apart!

When I've finished sandblasting the underside, I'll go back and do some
rewelding with the MIG.

Dave Keillor