<VV> re: Now I own TWO!!

bmooers at farniente.com bmooers at farniente.com
Fri Apr 28 13:09:34 EDT 2006

Having owned about 20 Corvairs - a mix of early and late I must confess I
love them all. I cannot say that I prefer early to late for any one
reason. They are very different cars. But the I will state that I have
noticed that the build quality on the early cars may be superior to the
build quality on the late models.

Maybe it is perception - but the early steel seems thicker and better, the
welds are better and the fit and finish is tighter. There was a lot of
pride built into those cars. However - the late models seem to have
superior road manners. We all know that story.

Although both of my convertibles are low mileage cars that have not been
in accidents  -the early is just a little tighter. It is a solid little
car. The late is a gas to drive - but there may be a little more flex.

Just perception..