<VV> close but no cigar!

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Fri Apr 28 18:51:39 EDT 2006

Heh!

     My father was the auto mechanics instructor at East Brunswick Vo-tech
for 20 years, retiring in about 1992.  I have heard dozens of these type
stories from him.  He had in his shop not a 180 engine, but an entire
corvair donated by GM.  Many cars and parts were donated to his shop by the
manufacturers, GM in particular was fond of doing this.  Using these parts,
selling them, or doing anything other then teaching with them is HIGHLY
illegal, and though no one would likely ever find out my dear old dad was a
stickler for the rules.  He scrapped many valuable new condition antique car
parts, including the entire Corvair after its usefulness as a teaching
instrument was long past.