<VV> Ride Height

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Sun Apr 30 10:10:17 EDT 2006

Ray,
I usually cut the springs to lower the car but I have used the shorter
springs offered by Corvair Motorsports which is no longer in business. He
(Rick Stansbury) offered springs in several lengths.
You can experiment with some old springs by cutting them and see what you
get. One thing about new springs. Run them for awhile before cutting. They
will sag a little as they take a "set" so to speak.

I always cut the top of the spring. The first coil is flat so it won't lower
it much. Cutting the second one will but it will vary with the spring. I
don't reflatten the top coil either.

Clarks HD springs will lower the car but it still varies. I put a set on my
69 Vert and was pleased with the result. I did not notice a harsher ride
either but, at the same time I installed a set of KYB GasAdjust shocks.

Rick Norris