<VV> Ride Height

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun Apr 30 14:38:42 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Rodriguez" <reray at echoes.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Ride Height

> I agree that the factory ride height is too high, what is the best method
of
> lowering a late model vair if you cant find a set of the sport springs? >
Ray Rodriguez III
**************
The very best way is to mount smaller diameter wheels/tires.

Some complications arize when springs are cut because suspension angles are
changed, although a very slight lowering would probably result in a small
increase in static camber gain, and this aggressive look might fit in with
the lowering idea.

I put smaller dia tires on the front only of my vair, and thought it might
have improved handling, ( maybe from some weight xfer to the front ) but it
also looked a little strange, as wheel well clearance was excessive.
I left it that way, but I drive on rough roads mostly, and keep bottoming
the front end  on the chug holes and bridge ripples; makes a big bang and
tears off front spoilers.

just some thoughts, ken campbell, iowa