<VV> Brodie knobs?

Bob Lindsey rlindsey at pa.net
Sun Dec 3 08:49:31 EST 2006

Some new vehicles did come with a version of the Brodie.  Any old-timers
remember, I
believe I saw one on a 40 Chevy?  One Steering Wheel spoke ( the one on the
right side,
I think) had a large circular piece out at the Steering Wheel end of the
spoke.  Inside this
was another circular piece with a crossbar.  The cross bar had grip surfaces
on it which
were the wheel material.  Had ball bearings between the 2 circular pieces.
Driver
simply grasped the bar to rapidly turn the steering wheel.

Bob Fuzzy Memory Lindsey