<VV> LM manual versus power convertible tops

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 4 00:49:24 EST 2006

Paul,
The power and manual top frames are slightly different.  You could use a
manual frame but the top will not go down unassisted.  The first joint just
above the drivers head must be manually "broken" after the top has lifted
6-8 inches off the windshield.  If this is ok with you, the swap is easy,
only the adjusting is a bear.  If I were to do it, I'd have a pro do the
job.  Understand that you'd need to strip the old top off and reinstall it
on the new frame.  This is not a trivial job. If I were you, I'd do my best
to make my existing frame functional.
Jim B.  w\powered manual frame