<VV> CO detector

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Dec 4 10:48:44 EST 2006

It's rather low-tech, but a few years ago I bought something called "Dead
Stop."  It was a little square disc with a circle in the middle.  It came in a
plastic seal and you opened the seal and hung the disc in the car and the center
of the disc, ordinarily the color of an old-fashioned band-aid, would turn
black if carbon monoxide was detected.  It has an expiration date once it's
opened but it will get you through the winter.  They're manufactured for small,
private planes.  I bought mine at a pilot shop at a place called Million-Air at
Teterboro Airport.  That's the airport in NJ that serves the private jets,
etc. of the NY metro area.  Teterboro is famous for planes overshooting the
run-way and as being the airport from which John-John took off on his last, fateful
(and fatal) flight.  If I recall correctly, I believe Dead Stop was/is
manufactured in a Scandinavian or BeNeLux country.

~Bill Stanley