<VV> Oil Leak at base of Oil Filter Adapter

Steve Brennan alohaz at ca.rr.com
Thu Dec 7 13:01:34 EST 2006

After changing the O-rings and oil pan gasket, I thought I had eliminated all the oil leaks on my daughter's new '62 Spyder.  But alas, once on the road, revving up past idle, I find that I have a meaningful leak at the base of the oil filter adapter.  I have read past postings on VV mentioning a cracked rear housing as a cause of leaks at this location.  But I also see there is a gasket between the housing and the adapter.  Is there a history with these EMs that would indicate one source or the other?  I want to order the parts I will need, but don't want to track down a rear housing if that is not likely to be the problem.

(Also, thanks for all the input on the high-RPM drop out issue.  The car has been at the upholstery shop since I posted my message, so I am anxious to check out some of the suggestions when I get it back tomorrow.)

Steve
1962 Spyder Coupe