<VV> a couple of questions

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Fri Dec 8 22:44:16 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/8/2006 9:01:11 P.M. Central Standard Time,
ilikeoldcars at bellsouth.net writes:

Is it  possible to add a 66 style A/C unit to my Spyder?

Roger,

You can not put 66 style Ac on your Spyder. The reason has to do  with how
the air gets into the engine compartment. Late models, 655 and  later, have the
inlet grill at the back of the rear window and the air enters  the engine
compartment at the front, where the condenser is mounted. On an early  model, like
yours, the air enters through the vents in the engine lid.

All is not lost, maybe. Clark's has a AC setup for the early model that was
designed by Rusty Rose. This has a condenser that mounts on the engine lid
rather than the engine. I'm not sure if it will clear the turbo.

Power tops were an option.

Ned