<VV> PG AGAIN

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 12 16:10:27 EST 2006

 My '66 PG has developed a new symptom today. Occasionly it seems to shudder a bit under light acceleration in low gear at the start, maybe between 3-5 MPH. It does not do this every time and still slips on the 1-2 shift under light throttle. Full throttle is a snap shift. I did check the fluid when hot and it is on the full mark.

   I ordered an other new modulator from Clark today and I'll try that before any major decision. I know Clark sells a rebuilt PG. Does any body have experience with Clark's rebuilt PG? Please answer off line as I don't want to get into any foooolishness like the "dipstick".

   Is there any other PG rebuilder in the Corvair fraternity that can do a good overhaul? I have a spare PG or two that would be used to rebuilt.

MIKE KOVACS