<VV> Houston - we have a problem!!! Corvair related

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Wed Dec 13 17:00:37 EST 2006

Roger asked:
Did I damage my motor? Why would the belt have come loose
if it was tight yesterday?  What should I do now?

The belt shouldn't be too tight. You should be able to turn the generator/alternator fan with your finger. Having the belt too tight will actually cause it to come off.

Replace the belt with a new one and drive the car. That's really the only way to find out if you did something bad to the car.

Ned