<VV> Gauge Placement

Jim Simpson simpsonj at bellatlantic.net
Wed Dec 13 19:58:03 EST 2006

I put two gauges in my Corsa -- an oil temp and an oil pressure -- by
mounting two gauge pods on the steering column.  The ones I'm using I
bought from Clarks if I recall correctly.  They house the standard
size aftermarket gauges.

The steering column flares out as it approaches the steering wheel,
and it's not hard to remove the top casting (at least on a '66).  The
pods mount at about the 2 and 11 o'clock positions and are easy to
see when I glance down at the rest of the instruments.  The wiring
runs down inside the column housing with the rest of the turn signal
and horn wires.  They almost look stock.

This way I didn't have to butcher the dash or hang the gauges in some
out of the way place.

Jim Simpson
'66 Corsa Turbo
Group Corvair