<VV> To Telescope or Not To Telescope - That is the Question

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 21:03:46 EST 2006

Thanks for the comments, I must admit I'm leaning towards putting in the
tele, although I like the looks of the black Monza wheel with the LeMans Blue
car and the black interior.  The main thing I don't like about the Monza  wheel
is that when I get in the car (I'm not small) and I have keys, coins, etc.  in
my pants pockets, when I hit that hard object on the Black Monza wheel, I get
 a mark on my pants.  I don't think that would happen with the tele and wood
wheel.

The column is a genuine 69 tele column.  I have seen original ones,  and this
is it.  I have a telescopic column in my 65 Corsa Turbo  Convertible and they
are different.  This one is as you describe.  I  know I could always sell the
thing to CORVETTE owners, as I seem to remember  that the Corvair telescoping
column was the same as the Corvette column, and I  could probably get a
pretty penny for it, however, that is not something I  really need to do right now.
 What are those Corvette guys paying now, $700  +?

Todd in TX