<VV> Rich Thompson's Spyder & Concours Question

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Dec 15 12:43:11 EST 2006

As Matt and others have said, CORSA concours judging is separate from
classification.

I, too, faced a similar decision.  I have a low mileage (25K)'69 with
all documentation from the original owner (me).  I wanted to make some
engine and suspension mods, but hesitated because of the car's
as-delivered condition.  I came up with an elegant, albeit somewhat
expensive, solution.

The '69 will stay close to stock -- not the Factory Stock Restored CORSA
classification (too strict for my tastes), but with no engine
performance or other major mods.  The car will be repainted to correct
the crappy paint and bodywork from the factory, but left basically
stock.

To satisfy my mod needs, I'm restofying a '65 coupe.  This one is
getting an engine build, suspension upgrade, custom interior, etc.  The
nice thing about the CORSA concours is that these two cars could compete
head-to-head for points without regard to their originality.

Dave Keillor