<VV> Fan Belt change tools

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 20:33:31 EST 2006

I still consider myself a relative newbie to Corvairdom after  owning one for
a year and a half or so.
Theoretically I know to be prepared to replace the fan belt,  and carry a
spare and a basic tool set in the car. The reality of doing it -  especially if
done in the dark by the side of a busy road - doesn't look  like a piece of
cake, though.
I decided to make a practice attempt at  home.
Ratchet head doesn't fit in the available space. Using open end  wrench looks
like it would result in rounded off nuts (the car's, lol) and  bloody
knuckles (mine.)
What the @$!& do you reach those nuts  under the idler pully with?  Thinking
of investing in an offset 9/16  open end with a long shaft but thought it best
to check in here first for  confirmation or other reccommendations before
spending the bucks.
  Matt from L.I.
('66 Monza coupe 110/PG)