<VV> Small Scale Metal stamping knowledge anyone?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Dec 16 09:42:14 EST 2006

Hey guys,
I know this is a "way out there" question, but does anyone know of a place
that could "make" some small metal clips, similar to the ones that hold the
windshield trim on, but not that application... I have some clips that would
allow all those EM owners to install those stainless Ventshades that they've
picked up at swap meets over the years but didn't come with the clips... I think
 there would be a market out there for them, albeit a small one.
I saw a set go for $50 on ebay a few years back... and that was for 6 used
clips (for an ElCamino)... anyway, they are about an inch square, and slip up
under the weatherstripping/window channel... the EM Ventshades were not held
in  with screws... most of the 1960-1964 GM cars used the clips... only the
trucks  used the screws to attach the Ventshades (from what research I've been
able to  do)...
Anyway, I think it would be an interesting project...
If anyone has any leads (or would want to take this on themselves-I would
just like an extra set of clips) let me know.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair, Quart Low
Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg, 1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg (with Ventshades!), 1969 Monza  110/pg