<vv> Police Package -

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 16 13:18:26 EST 2006

This discussion came up on Corvair Center and I believe that the current
owner is mistaken about the "Police Package" and most likely means
"Heavy Duty" Suspension which would include special shorter heavy
Springs, metallic brake shoes, special MC and wheel cylinders,  front
sway bar, and I know the 62 HD had limit straps but nor sure about the
63 HD suspension.

The official car Police and Taxi package was for 61 Sedans only (FC vans
could have Taxi option also) and was not offered in 62.

The package included heavy duty springs, greasable u-joints, special
battery, heavy duty wear resistance grey upholstery, heavy duty rubber
floor mats and other special itmes for either Police use or Taxi use.

There are even more details in lclc Stock is... article in the Dec 90
Communiqué.

Rick Loving

Subject: Re:<vv> Police Package

> >  http://tinyurl.com/y6krug

For those who do not want to enter a username/password blind, go to
ebay.com and enter 150071551579 in the search box.

Padgett