<VV> Corvair engine - update

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 16 22:06:49 EST 2006

One of the tricks to keep a belt on under road racing conditions is to use
Silicone spray on the belt.  To allow it to slip under certain conditions;
downshifts from 4th to 3rd to 2nd at the end of a straight.  I used the same
belt for six vintage road racing events one year. It was ruined when the
harmonic balancer hub cracked, bolt breaking, and harmonic balancer coming
off, in the seventh and last event of the year. Car was routinely shifted at
7000 rpm upshifts and sometimes more.
So I respectfully disagree about a slipping belt..

Chuck S
BBRT