<VV> Corvairs, Clutches and Knees

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 17 16:01:01 EST 2006

Bill,
I had a TKR back in 2000.  It's a no sweat procedure as long as you really
pay attention to the rehab.  You must work hard to bend the thing to regain
the motion in your knee after the surgery.  If you don't do this, you'll
wind up with a stiff knee and operating the clutch will be the least of your
problems, you won't be able to get in the car.  My bionic knee is now my
"good" knee and the other one should get replaced, only I've got no
insurance to cover it at the moment.  Work hard to regain the motion and
you'll be fine.  It may hurt a bit, but remember, there's nothing in there
anymore that you can break, it's all mechanical.
Jim b

Hang in there, and good luck on the surgery.