<VV> spare tire question

James Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Dec 18 11:59:10 EST 2006

Any difference is rear tire diameter will soon kill a Corvair
Positraction.  Actually it overheats and wears out the clutches in
the differential.  You can lose the clutch preload in as little as
one mile.  If you loose a rear tire, just mount the spare on the
front and move the front tire to the rear.  The standard rear jack
point for the Corvair lifts the front and rear tires at the same
time.  With mismatched tires on the front, the handling will be a
little unnerving but if you are careful you cam make it to a repair facility.
Jim Davis