<VV> Re: Scotch Brite

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Thu Dec 21 19:30:34 EST 2006

The little bits of way-hard Aluminum Oxide debris from Scothbrite pads
are an absolute DISASTER to engine internals, especially bearings.  I
know that GM is *extremely* demanding about ensuring suppliers not
have unessential sources of aluminum oxide in the plants that make
stuff that get supplied to GM.  If you are using Scotchbrite pads (and
they are so temptingly handy), be really really anal about flushing
things well to make sure all the residue is gone.

Jim Burkhard