<VV> Re: Inhibiting rust on stored parts

Ron Saum m9engine at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 12:38:47 EST 2006

I'm using a product made by Protect All called "SLIDE OUT Dry Lube Protectant".  You can find it at RV supply stores.  It sprays on sort of gooey and then drys to a hard wax consistency.  It really stays put once it drys.  Protect All says its an "industrial grade rust inhibitor" as well as a lubricant.  They state that it exceeds ASTM B-117 Accelerated Corrosion Test (1000 hours in 5% salt spray) and ASTM D-1748 100% Relative Humidity Test (1500 hours).  I originally bought it for lubricating the slide room mechanism on my motorhome ... and it works well for that because it doesn't attract sand and dirt like other lubes.  It also has completely solved my battery terminal corrosion problem on the motorhome.   Those of you concerned about rust on stored parts might grab a can of this stuff and give it a try ... I got a hunch it might really work well.
  Ron Saum
  '65 Corsa 140 Coupe
  '65 Corsa Turbo Convert