<VV> oil pressure switch (LM)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Dec 24 16:10:07 EST 2006

So I decided to replace my oil pressure switch since the press-temp light doesn't come on when I start the car.  Now I had read either here or at Corvair Center about how to check if it's the switch but of course I ignored that and just changed it out.  The light comes on with the new switch so I guess I got lucky.  Here's the thing though, even though I had the "special" socket to get it out, I had to remove the gas line and alternator to get the socket on the switch.  It wasn't that big a deal and it made it easier to clean out the oil cooler while I was at it but do you guys have to remove these things?  Or is it just me?

I still have to put in the replacement thermostats and heater motor that are waiting for me to get off my duff.  I love these small jobs, it gives you a sense of satisfaction in getting something done.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays all you Corvair people!

mike