<VV> Re: rust preventative, corrosion inhibitors.

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Dec 25 08:00:16 EST 2006

<snip>
> *******
> *********
> As a gun guy, I might mention a trade secret here, I know you 'vair people
> will refrain from passing it on ..... the stuff that the car world-famous
> rust-proof guys * used to * use a couple years ago ...   is a waxy  liquid
> schmuck called ALOX 2138, used to be available to individuals in 5 gallon
> pails from Alox Corp.   now replaced with Alox 6*** ( I forget ...
> Probably
> Google it up ..  they have a lot of products ... In fact I think Alox
> Products was taken over by ... Lubrizol or someone ...    ) ....  If you
> call up your local WorldFamousName rust-proofer guys, maybe they still
> have
> some of this stuff ... sell it cheap or maybe even give it to you ... they
> stopped using it ... feeding about 40 lbs of this stuff to a rat probably
> killed him (g) ....
>
> If too thick it can be thinned with mineral spirits.....
>
> reargards, ken campbell, " keeps secrets well in ioway "

Alox Corp was headquartered in Niagara Falls NY, they made some great
corrosion inhibitors. They were bought out and closed by Lubrizol Inc in
March 2002. One way to get rid of the competition...................

My company used to use them for additives for the greases we

Gary Swiatowy
Summit Lubricants Inc.