<VV> 62 -102 sold,R/R'ing 65-4sp trans

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 14:29:38 EST 2006

..well,the happy camper/newbie left me with a *bit* more garage space,and saved me a trip to the ATM...his pickup still wears Colorado tags (ooohh,an s10 that's not imploding from rust !!!)...he'll be back,,he's seen SOME of my stash...when he mentioned having noise in his FC in 2+3, I decided to rip into an early trans; so,shop man and C-C issue (Ray Johnson's advice) in hand it's apart...had I read 'between the lines",I'd removed 1-2 fork+shaft first...ah,well,aside from the gooey inside and caked dirt outside,it looks good;;while the case is soaking I'll start on the diff (open 3:55) hoping the side bearing tool I made works...now,if I can just find the issue Craig detailed the early Saginaw in,I'll know if I've got a 64,or 65 trans...Tom Z..//