<VV> Out of "Group Red", but I've got a question...

John McMahon jmac2112 at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 27 21:38:21 EST 2006

Hi,

My 1965 Monza coupe has been on jack stands since February of 2003, but is
now back on earth!  The body is still a mess, but the car is almost
operational.  Here's my question:  Before I took the car down, I went around
and rocked the wheels from side to side (push in with one hand, pull out
with the other).  Three of them moved a tiny bit, but one of the rear wheels
moved about 1/16"-1/8".  I'm not talking about in-out play, since I shimmed
the differential so as to virtually eliminate that.  The rear bearings are
new.  What is acceptable here?

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe